Here lies a written and chronological record of a trip I will be enjoying/tolerating in the United States of America. I am making my way around this vast country via various methods of transport with the sole aim of making fun for myself. My departure from this English realm is due on the 12th day of January. April 11th is a date on my return ticket. Between those days you may experience feelings that you may have never felt in your lifetime. Extreme joy and inner peace are such reactions.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

One Wedding and Two Funerals

I went to Arlington Cemetery earlier which is pretty famous and plays host to many U.S. veterans from the two main wars, Korea, and also Vietnam. It didn't do it for me really. Nope, looking at hundreds and hundreds of graves; I hardly felt a thing. There are two possible explanations for this. One is that I have been desensitized to that kind of thing over the years. Seeing war and death on television and in films it is easy to take them for granted as it were I feel. The other, and more probable, explanation is that I am dead inside. My heart and my soul are indeed a wasteland now it seems. Oh well. I'll get over it.

On happier news, I saw J.F.K.'s final resting place. It was pretty underwhelming I felt. It was smaller even than the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, which I think is ridiculous because what did he ever do? He didn't become president, nobody can even remember his name. Very peculiar. In a few weeks I get to see where Mr Kennedy...Kennedy got his head caved in from a bullet delivered especially for his cranium from the rifle of Lee Harvey Oswald. I seem therefore to be going back in his history. Maybe after that I'll get to see the place where he banged Marilyn Monroe. And then the place where he bribed the Mafia to help him win the election to become el presidente.

Tomorrow I get to sit in on a bus trip to Nashville. The length of such a journey is just over 15 hours. Good times. Good Charlotte. At that city, I get to kick it with my bro for a bit. This will include desecrating any Valentines Day plans he may have made with his lady wife. Hehe, how funny is that. Not very, actually its thoughtless and cruel. But what are ya gonna do, huh?'

Kind regards.

Adam Marshall

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi mate,
I'm so glad to see you enjoyed Philli. It's one place I'd like like to visit. Since you got to Washington I've been expecting to see a photo of Forrest Gump's bench.
Did you manage to find it?
Enjoy your chill-out time with Ben and Leslee.
Just to keep you up to date, Ireland lost to France 31-43 in game that they were at one time losing by 40 points!
England beat Italy 31-16 in Rome, and still head the table.
Phone when you get to Nashville.

6:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Marsh Glad you got over the Cap incident. That tshirt on the earlier board rules!! reminds me of a certain American Pie Film, i hope you also remember the one or ill look stupid. Was watching American Idol, not my choice, but women either sit on the remote or shout at you, so anywayz, i was thinking how awesome it wouldve been if youd auditioned, i reckon youd do an awesome rendition of B.Y.O.B by System! ah well too late now. Keep enjoyin yaself, and i was thinking maybe you should buy a 'backup' cap incase the horrors of the previous problem rear the ugly head again

Peace out

8:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home