Here lies a written and chronological record of a trip I will be enjoying/tolerating in the United States of America. I am making my way around this vast country via various methods of transport with the sole aim of making fun for myself. My departure from this English realm is due on the 12th day of January. April 11th is a date on my return ticket. Between those days you may experience feelings that you may have never felt in your lifetime. Extreme joy and inner peace are such reactions.

Monday, January 30, 2006

'Cause I Need Beer Money

LLLLLET'S GET RRRRREADY TO RRRRUUUMMMMMMBBBBLLLLLE

Yesterday was a mighty good day. However, it involved wrestling, and wrestling related stories. If you have no interest in wrestling, or wrestling related stories, please read on regardless. Those of you have no interest in words, like Chris Gurney to whom if it ain't numbers he don't care, or Alex Holden to whom if it ain't 'tits' he don't care, then there is still reason to peruse. There are plenty of pretty pictures to see of Adam Marshall and his art work. Observe.

So yesterday was the big day. The Royal Rumble. If you thought it sad enough of me to come all the way to Miami to see wrestling, then think again. I made signs you see. Really bad signs. It's the what I do.

Here's one (I knew I should have gone for 'X-Pac = Ratings).





And here's another (this time featuring my face as an added bonus/horror).




The best bit of the afternoon was when Ron 'Farooq' Simmons was wandering about outside the arena. Loads of people were trying to get his autograph, but he spotted my A.P.A. t-shirt. The A.P.A., or Acolyte Protection Agency, was a tag-team that he used to be a part of, along with the man now known as John Bradshaw Layfield. So he shouts, "Hey, that guy's wearing my t-shirt". He comes over and says, "So do you wanna be part of the protection agency?", and I was like "Why the heck not, yea, go on then". Then he signed the back of one of my signs and posed for this photo with me. It doesn't sound like much but John Picken and Rikki da Hearn may have slight interest. Awesome.




Then I watched the Royal Rumble, which was extremely impressive. Wonderful. Here are my Midnight Marshall Mark-out Moments:

1. Seeing Mr Kennedy...Kennedy
2. Meeting Ron Simmons
3. Seeing a little girl's sign supporting 'The Heart Brake Kid, Shane Mickels'
4. Paul London
5. Some guy near me saying 'Of course, you do know that there have been two Kanes. Yea, the first one got put in prison for murdering somebody'.
6. Benoit
7. R.V.D.
8. The surprise appearance from somebody near the end of the Rumble match
9. Everything that happened after the Henry v. Angle match

Thanks for listening/looking.

Kind regards

Adam 'Entrant #30' Marshall

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi baby boy,
yes i thought i would still use that title!!!
you are right, all the wrestling chat certainly went over my head for one. but the pictures were good! in case you haven't seen a paper, the oscar nominations are announced today.
love you
mum xxx

1:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Deville, i presume.

Tried some sort of textual intercourse in your direction mentioning thanks in light of your generous gift. A lack of reply leads me to think the blighter didnt make it so please accept the appropriate level of gratitude, sir!

Current highlight, for me certainly, are:

- Herb Alpet

that's it. be better at doing america.

Regards, Alex H. Force

12:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home