Here lies a written and chronological record of a trip I will be enjoying/tolerating in the United States of America. I am making my way around this vast country via various methods of transport with the sole aim of making fun for myself. My departure from this English realm is due on the 12th day of January. April 11th is a date on my return ticket. Between those days you may experience feelings that you may have never felt in your lifetime. Extreme joy and inner peace are such reactions.

Friday, January 20, 2006

California, California, Cali-wooooo

Bam!!

Hello there, Adam Marshall here again. I imagine that none of you had wondered where the hey I've been for the last few days or so, apart from Hilly, so I'll use this medium to tell Simon Hill the where I've been in that period.

When I left you last we went to the Hardrock Cafe for some luncheon. Nothing out of the ordinary I hear Tom Erskine cry. Well when you consider that this is the place where the famous Jenny used to work, it becomes a different matter (Picken might wanna read that in a Ray Liotta style). Anyway, she wasn't there. The end.

In San Fran we saw the Golden Gate Bridge, which was marginally better than Swarkestone Bridge. We saw Pier 39 which was marginally better than Pierce Brosnan. And we saw some seals, which was marginally better than seeing acne ridden crooner Seal.

Seeing the seals lying there, doing absolutely nothing, staring at passers by reminded me of being back at Uni. Very funny. The difference being, when I was at uni I wasn't basking in the sunlight of Pier 39. But then again, in our own little way, I think that we are all basking in the sunlight of Pier 39. I'll leave you to think about that.

One man who certainly never repeats a joke in two consecutive blog entries is 39th president of the U.S.A. Jimmy Carter. Incidentally, Pick and I saw history's greatest monster in a book shop in San Fran signing copies of his shoddy looking book. Good for him.

We went to L.A. It was cool. Went to Newport Beach where I saw Sandy and Seth and Ryan and Summer. Classic the O.C.

Also, obviously we checked out Hollywood Boulevard where all the stars are. Below, you'll see an example of such a star. It displays the name of Herb Alpert. Not a name that you find particularly familiar? Find and download a song called Spanish Flea by Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. Then you'll understand one man's genius just a little bit more fully.

It might be wise to leave things there for now. Firstly, I imagine I'm boring people quite thoroughly by now. Secondly, there is no finer way to leave a blog entry than on the thought of Herb Alpert. I bid you, please download that song.

Alright, you can go now. I'll be back tomoz on news of a Vegas trip and with a shout out for my big bro, one Ben Marshall.

Bye bye now, and kind regards.

Adam Marshall.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home