Here lies a written and chronological record of a trip I will be enjoying/tolerating in the United States of America. I am making my way around this vast country via various methods of transport with the sole aim of making fun for myself. My departure from this English realm is due on the 12th day of January. April 11th is a date on my return ticket. Between those days you may experience feelings that you may have never felt in your lifetime. Extreme joy and inner peace are such reactions.

Friday, January 27, 2006

God Saves...He's obviously a very sensible young man


Hey yo.

I went to see a band before I left Seattle. Their name was the Elected. I recommend everybody, and I mean everybody, if you get the chance, do your very, very best to avoid seeing them. Apparently the venue that I saw them at was a regular haunt of a band called The Nirvanas or something back in the day. If that is the case then I imagine that Mr Kurt Cobain is having what is known as a (and apologies for the profanity) 'tearful wank' (the definition for which can be found in Viz's Profanosaurus) in his grave right now.

Then I went to Miami. Tis hot here, very hot. The city is very much as it appears in the excellent video game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'. For example, we drove through a poor looking part of it and it felt as though a turf war between the Haitians and the Cubans was bound to break out any moment. That made me feel relatively unsafe.

The hostel room that I am staying is also adding to my feeling of unsafetitude. This is mainly due to the residents including a large German man called Eduard; a young lad trying to convince me that God is watching all I say and do, and that I should follow the righteous path to the kingdom of our Lord, that's Joshua; and also a guy called Lawrence, the kind of name that I just connect with unpredictability.

But all's good. Went to see the Miami Heat get trounced at basketball yesterday by the Phoenix Suns. That pissed off a lot of locals which I found amusing.

Buh-Bye, I've gotta go and hit the beach.

Kind Regards.

Adam Marshall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home