Here lies a written and chronological record of a trip I will be enjoying/tolerating in the United States of America. I am making my way around this vast country via various methods of transport with the sole aim of making fun for myself. My departure from this English realm is due on the 12th day of January. April 11th is a date on my return ticket. Between those days you may experience feelings that you may have never felt in your lifetime. Extreme joy and inner peace are such reactions.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Superbowl; Seahawks; Detroit

Another post. They're coming thick and fast now. Mainly thick though, I'm sure you'll agree.

So yea, I ended up in Seattle eventually. Nice place, friendly people, bad weather. In fact it's a little bit like England, except it's nice and with friendly people (is this a Midnight Devil heel turn in the making. Doubtful).

The local American Football team - the Seattle Seahawks - played in a match which would determine whether they made the all important Superbowl, on the evening I arrived here. This was a match which they won, and as a result the whole city exploded...into street parties and general mayhem. I'm not sure whether the atmosphere in the streets was an electric furore of excitement and euphoria; or simply loads of large people shouting "Superbowl", "Seahawks" and "Detroit" in a loud and intrusive way. At the time it seemed like the first option, but on further reflection, the latter seems more probable. I tried to join in the fun, as you can see below.

Now a few people have been anxious that I have not yet encountered any of the people I was attempting to meet. I say to those people, "Be patient, muppets. All in good time my pretties". In the mean time though, enjoy this picture of a stool I sat next to as I ate my lunch yesterday. I think I can still see double Oscar winning actor Tom Hanks's left buttock print. But more importantly, can anybody guess which films he won those Oscars for, and for which other three films he was unsuccesfully nominated. And the years. If you don't cheat, this could be a fun game. Seriously, try it, you might like it.

Ok, enough Tom Foolery.

Kind Regards.

Adam 'the Midnight Devile' Marshall

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hiya sweetie,

glad you got there k, forgot to look sooner xxx

ais sends hugs shes telling everyone your in spain.

take care Chels xx

p.s i cant ride a bike either, must be a family thing xx

8:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Green Mile and Saving Private Ryan or Philedelphia

4:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may have a bad memory, being the senile old git that i am, but was sitting on the stool, next to the stool, that tom hanks parked his a*se on high on the list of things you wanted to do?
Enjoying the travelog, its almost like being there. Except i have a more comfotable seat!

5:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home