Here lies a written and chronological record of a trip I will be enjoying/tolerating in the United States of America. I am making my way around this vast country via various methods of transport with the sole aim of making fun for myself. My departure from this English realm is due on the 12th day of January. April 11th is a date on my return ticket. Between those days you may experience feelings that you may have never felt in your lifetime. Extreme joy and inner peace are such reactions.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It's The What I Did

First of all I want to thank the Academy for my nomination in the Best Supporting Actor category for this year's Oscars. My excellent work in the A To Me If production of 'In Passing' deserved the plaudit. Thank you. Matt Dillon, you're going down, son.

If only I could record my voice on this computer I would, to say a belated 'Happy birthday to ya, Happy birthday to ya. Happy Birthdaaaaaaay'. That is to Stuart P. Costen who joined the 22 club yesterday. Well done sir. It was probably Gail Hudson Walker's birthday too, but that doesn't matter. By the way Tom, we're all having a 22 club gathering in a couple of weeks if ya wanna c...oh, actually forget that. I forgot.

At the end/start of an old/new month, here is a kind of 'Adam Marshall's trip to the United States of America: A Review'. I'll warn you now, it's gonna be really dull.

Things that have I have found annoying:

- Gym employees outside their places of work offering me leaflets and telling me to "Stay Healthy" with a muscley smile.
- Black gangster types asking me whether or not I am pimpin'. If my reply is "I am indeed pimpin'. Thanks for asking", then their questions continue by enquiring as to just how many hos I may or may not have.
- Large groups of people blocking 'sidewalks'.
- People who complain far too much, especially on transport. "I'm too hot"; "I'm too cold". "This seat is too soft"; "This seat is too firm". "That baby is crying too loudly"; "That baby isn't crying loudly enough".
- Seattle being too cold.
- Miami being too hot.
- Places still playing Christmas songs.
- John Baker
- Having to converse with a yank, a frog, and a German bastard - all at the same time.

Things that I have found funny:

- Going in to really nice restaurants during their happy hour (50% off) and still ordering the cheapest thing on the menu. The waiting staff look at me as if I had just vomited over the arms of their first born child. It's great.
- My brother, Ben's, heel turn.
- A conversation I had with a Bostonian in a Miami hostel:
Him: So where are you from? Michigan or something.
Me: No, I'm English.
(Later) Him: Hey, you speak pretty good English.
Me: Yea, well I am from England.
Him: Oh. I'm never sure what you speak over there. I was thinking Dutch.
- People using the word 'Outstanding' excessively.

- Absolutely burning this barman who was chatting up a waitress in a bar I was in last night. He suffered.
- Horrible wrestling fans who think they know everything but are blatantly idiots. Kinda like J2O and Jack Steele.

Songs I have enjoyed:

Weezer; Across the Sea
ELO; Mr Blue Sky
The Rifles; Peace + Quiet
The Darkness; Growing On Me
Interpol; Not Even Jail
Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass; Spanish Flea

People I have inexplicabley dreamt about:

- Richard Skinner and Tom Erskine; the three of us went on a road trip. I thought this strange since those two absolutely hate each other.

- Alfonso Ribeiro; he plays Carlton in the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
- Catherine Alexander; she was asking me to help her with an application form for a job.
- Katie Holdstock's sister; I forget her name, the blonde one, only a few years younger than us, a bit tasty, you know.

That's it. Gosh, that was long. And dull, just as predicted.

Kind regards.

Adam Marshall

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Adam thanks for the Birthday message! when you get back we'll have to go for a 22 Birthday Drink, I hope Tom doesnt mind! if you want to know what i got heres the list: A recordable Freetoview Box - they are awesome, a shirt, some money, a book on Australia and a Spongebob DVD!! i rule, glad to hear you having an awesome time!!! i cant wait to f**k off the Uni and somewhere myself!

peace out

4:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Burn!!

9:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd like to hear more about this burning of a jackass barman. sounds like a marshall special, and i for one, would not want to miss out.

2:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you heard about the English man who is trying to meet 500 celebrities in the UK? He made a bet with his mate that he could meet 100 and guess who turned up on his door? That hippy from Coldplay (Chris Martin). The power of the pres release! Maybe you should try it. Enjoy yourself.

Mark

2:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you heard about the English man who is trying to meet some so called celebrities out in America? He promised big things, but as of yet hasn't delivered on iota of celebrity gold dust....i've met the black basketball playing guy with dreads in the wheel chair from the bbc adverts....i win.

3:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw someone who looked like billy corgan in the pub the other day. i win more.

8:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I met Jeff Fisher the other day.
anyone, anyone??? I hear you asking, who's that then. Well type it into a search engine along with titans, and see what happens.
i believe you will all agree that I am now the winner.
I thank you

11:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home