Here lies a written and chronological record of a trip I will be enjoying/tolerating in the United States of America. I am making my way around this vast country via various methods of transport with the sole aim of making fun for myself. My departure from this English realm is due on the 12th day of January. April 11th is a date on my return ticket. Between those days you may experience feelings that you may have never felt in your lifetime. Extreme joy and inner peace are such reactions.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

A Bad Day/Face


Above is a building called the Ford Theatre. It is the place where honest (or dishonest as I like to say sometimes. Burn) Ab Lincoln got his head caved in from a bullet delivered especially for his cranium from the pistol of John Wilkes Booth. Another amusing tale from Washington D.C.

So, I'm still here in this great nation's capital city. Great nation, brilliant. So much to see, so little time. But not much of interest to say. Actually, I will say this; today has been a bit of an off day for the Midnight D. It started off when it turned out that I'd left my cap in the hostel. It meant that my head was cold for the duration. "Bbbrrrrr" I would say, but I could garner no sympathy from random passers-by. Bastards.

Then things went worse. Loads of museums that I wanted to go in were closed. The F.B.I building. The Spy museum (which sounded really cool). The National Portrait Gallery. All closed to the public. 'Which incompetent fool is running this country?' I thought to myself. Answers on a postcard please.

Maybe I didn't exactly choose a wise method of cheering myself up. I went to the National Holocaust museum. Yea, that wasn't exactly a barrel of laughs. It was like watching four televisions at the same time. Two showing Schindler's List, one showing The Pianist, and one showing the Catherine Tate Show. Bad, bad news.

Here is a visual offering in aid to demonstrate my contrasting moods over the last couple of days.

To the right is an image of a capped and happy Adam Marshall. His face displays the visage of a man who had earlier drunk tea whilst going up an escalator. He's happy. He's content. He's ready to go and see the White House and take loads of photos. On the left is the sullen face being cast by the Jefferson Memorial. He's cold. He has no cap. His i-Pod battery has run out. He's just sat through an episode of Titty Titty Bang Bang. Oh dear oh dear. He wonders why everybody prefers the Lincoln Memorial.

I need some food. A jerk chicken sandwich me thinks. Hermes Conrad would be proud.

Kind regards.

Adam Marshall

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marsh, i seem to be 'commenting' everyday now but this one is really worth it. Thanks for the little present i received via Royal Mail today, fantastic nostalgic fun. I shall watch them all soon :)

Si

P.s. Thanks also to Ross (AKA. Adam's Big Bro - his words not mine).

P.p.s Take some pictures of my stickers dam it...

P.p.p.s And of your robot walk

10:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you meeting these 'celebraties'? dam it.


John Baker
Pocket Person

12:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you get if 1000 strawberries try to get through a door at once?

Strawberry jam.

2:04 PM

 
Blogger The Midnight Devil said...

Yo, John 'Boy'.

I'll start meeting them when you learn how to spell the word properly.

Adam Marshall

2:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you manage to get Quasimodo to pose in the foreground of that photo??

RTM ;-)

1:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home