Here lies a written and chronological record of a trip I will be enjoying/tolerating in the United States of America. I am making my way around this vast country via various methods of transport with the sole aim of making fun for myself. My departure from this English realm is due on the 12th day of January. April 11th is a date on my return ticket. Between those days you may experience feelings that you may have never felt in your lifetime. Extreme joy and inner peace are such reactions.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Top 3 of Everything

I was shocked that nobody came back with this response to my last two posts:

"Hey Marsh. The most pointless 24 hours of my life was the day I spent reading your last two ridiculously long blog entries. Twat."

But I took the fact that nobody did as a massive compliment. It made me feel so good in fact, that I have chosen to offer some more top 3s.

People I wish I was mates with:
3. Eugene from Grease
2. Tim Bisley (Happy 36th birthday to Simon Pegg by the way)
1. Philip J. Fry

Films I've seen since leaving England:
3. Capote
2. Munich
1. 40 Year Old Virgin

Words I reckon I've used most in this blog thus far:
3. Kind
2. Midnight
1. Burn

Expenditures that I most begrudge:
3. Going to Shittsburgh
2. Being conned out of $7 by a tramp
1. Paying $20 to sit in a pub and watch England play rugby

Reasons why the Kill Bill soundtrack, which would have been awesome, has been ruined:
3. The 5,6,7,8's getting overplayed to eternity
2. Awful human - Chris Moyles - overplaying the main theme to eternity
1. The Audiobullys desecrating the Nancy Sinatra song. "Bang bang, my baby shot me dow dow dow dow dow dow dow dow dow down". Horrible

'Crazy' things that irritating English tourists have bragged about doing:
3. Eating cookies with jalepeno peppers
2. Asking random women on trains to marry them
1. Pouring vodka on cornflakes instead of milk ("Actually it was delicious", shut up, moron)

Things I love about Arsenal:
3. The fact they have probably the worst first XI in the Premier at the moment
2. The fact they're playing like the 2nd worst team in the Premier (after Sunderland, obviously) at the moment
1. Seeing Martin Keown's face in the crowd as they conceded the winner against Bolton on Saturday (and knowing that Stringers will be sharing his dismay)

Things I enjoyed when watching the Miami Heat game:
3. The horrible whiney old guy sitting next to me looking like the seemingly dead sidekick, George, of Donald Trump in Apprentice U.S.A.
2. His seemingly dead wife looking like the horrible whiney old sidekick, Carolyn, of Donald Trump in Apprentice U.S.A.
1. Me therefore being Donald Trump, bad hair and all.

Favourite ways that I've asked for beer:
3. I think I'll have a pint of bitter
2. Bud Lite me
1. Serving wench, bring me another beer

Sexy Uma Thurman moments:
3. Kill Bill: Vol 1 when she pretends to be a U.S. tourist in Japan
2. Pulp Fiction when she dances with John Travolta
1. The Producers. Jee-zuse. Extremely impressive.

Favourite impressions:
3. Krang - by Eifion Jones
2. Arnold Schwarzenegger - by Simon Hill
1. Oskar Kokosha - by Adam Marshall

Least favourite impressions:
3. Arsene Wenger/Gerard Houllier/Thierry Henry/Eric Cantona/Sven Goran Ericsson (they're all the same) - by Jon Hill
2. Andy Townsend - by Jon Hill
1. Adam Marshall - by Jon Hill

People that I like who I'll probably never talk to again:
3. Chris Slack
2. Ian Rush
1. The ever delightful Katie Balentine

Easily forgettable spells at football clubs:
3. Paul Ince at Liverpool
2. David Ginola at Everton
1. Big Duncan Ferguson at Newcastle United

Things that I like that I would never have predicted this time last year:
3. Robbie Fowler moving back to Liverpool
2. Philip Seymour Hoffman winning a Golden Globe and an Oscar nomination
1. Going to the Royal Rumble and seeing a World Title change hands

Things that I dislike that I would never have predicted this time last year:
3. Liverpool winning the Champions League and THEN buying Peter Crouch
2. Reese Witherspoon winning a Golden Globe and an Oscar nomination
1. Going to the Royal Rumble and seeing Rey Mysterio Jnr. dedicate his win to a deceased Eddie Guerrero

Kind regards.

Adam Marshall

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Marsh,

Your misfortune makes me so happy.

Thanks!

10:01 PM

 
Blogger The Midnight Devil said...

You see, I know that can't be genuine, because if it were then you would have no reson to remain anonymous.

However, it sounds like something that Roger Grooms would say. Therefore, until you identify yourself, I'm just going to assume that you are Roger Grooms.

How does that feel? Huh?

10:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the top 3 worst Adam Marshall Blog posts

3. This one
2. The one before the last one
1. The one two entries before this one

12:57 PM

 
Blogger The Midnight Devil said...

One can only wonder whether Simon 'Hilly' Hill has recognised his own mistake. That mistake being that 'The one before the last one' and 'The one two entries before this one' are indeed the same post.

Poor lad. Very easily confused.

6:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home