Here lies a written and chronological record of a trip I will be enjoying/tolerating in the United States of America. I am making my way around this vast country via various methods of transport with the sole aim of making fun for myself. My departure from this English realm is due on the 12th day of January. April 11th is a date on my return ticket. Between those days you may experience feelings that you may have never felt in your lifetime. Extreme joy and inner peace are such reactions.

Friday, February 17, 2006

A Bit of R+R

The last few days have been an ideal time for me to sit back, put my feet up and gobble down some chill pills, or 'great tasting frozen Italian-style pizzas' as the box choses to put it. So the last few days have involved a lot of sitting about and watching the television, which reminded me of being back at Uni...wow, that one got boring a long time ago.

This lack of activity therefore has resulted in a dearth of even half interesting things to say. Hence I had to resort to telling sob stories of excursions gone wrong and conjuring top 3 lists on given subjects. Some people (Simon Hill) however weren't satisfied with my offerings. Some people (Simon Hill) felt the need to criticise me. Some absolute idiots (Simon Hill, and also this time I'm gonna add John Baker and...yea, my brother Ross) were quite offensive in their dissent. Well I never was one for petty name calling, so I'll simply proffer those morons an apology.

I could have told you about my brother, Ben's, CD collection. This is a catalogue which inexplicabally contains all 4 Embrace albums and a Bare Naked Ladies LP.

I could have made two confessions to everybody. The first one being that I finally today got around to watching the film 'Leon' for the very first time (Brilliant film. One thing though: I think that the title is a bit lame; they should have called it 'The Professional' or something cool like that). The second confession I could have made is that I found Natalie Portman illeagally alluring in that film. Not a patch on Drew Barrymore in E.T. though.

I could have bored everybody with a joke about the guy who sat behind me on the bus to Nashville. It materialised that his name was 'Don Wayne'. I was very tempted to ask him whether his nickname was 'the Juke'.

I could have taken the timeout to say a couple of thank yous. Thank you very much to my bro and his lady wife Leslee for example, for very kindly letting me live for free, or rather almost free (I had to buy Ben a drink the other day. Selfish bastard), in their house for a week or so. You can see a photo of the aforementioned souls below. Ben is pulling a silly face. He's such a card.


A long overdue thank you also to another lovely couple, Dave and Pete, who allowed Bakes, J20 Johnny Down and I to kick it with them for almost two weeks. Outstanding work guys. I don't have a photo of those cats, but here is one artist's impression of them.


I could have asked pressing questions such as: how is Keira Knightley an Oscar nominated actress?; do you think Natalie Portman would ever agree to marry me?; what's a John Cena?; where did those titles on my posts suddenly come from? and why is Simon Hill such a massive gaylord?

But I didn't, so for that I apologise.

Kind regards.

Adam Marshall

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Adam where to next on your excursion

BTW the way i think your hot.

Love Nat Portman

p.s yes of course i will

3:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home