Here lies a written and chronological record of a trip I will be enjoying/tolerating in the United States of America. I am making my way around this vast country via various methods of transport with the sole aim of making fun for myself. My departure from this English realm is due on the 12th day of January. April 11th is a date on my return ticket. Between those days you may experience feelings that you may have never felt in your lifetime. Extreme joy and inner peace are such reactions.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

"...I love New York City, Oh yeah New York City..."

Andrew W.K.; Album 1 (I Get Wet), Track 6 (I Love NYC)

The question here is whether I'm simply quoting lyrics of a genius from yet another great song from his illustrious back catalogue, or if I actually do indeed feel such deep emotion for the aforementioned city. As always, we can look to t-shirts for the answer...


So it's true. The t-shirt has spoken. Apparantly I do indeed love New York City as if it were my own mother, father , two brothers and Heidi Klum all rolled in to one flagrant, bustling urban area. Do you wanna know what else I love:




That's correct; tall buildings. New York has loads of them, like more than twelve. New York City as an entity also feels the need to celebrate concepts and notions of optimism and hope (Idiots). For example...

I went to see a basketball game last evening at the world famous Madison Square Garden (which accrued most of its said fame when Jeff Hardy did a Swanton Bomb from the balcony on to Buh Buh Ray Dudley and two tables at Royal Rumble 2000). It was great fun as should be expected. Tied at 96 - 96, the Knicks and the Indiana Pacers went in to the last 5 seconds, and Jamal Crawford came up big with a jumper for the two and the win. Ball game Knicks! Top stuff.

The Knicks weren't as good as I've seen them before however. I think they were much better when they only had two players, Patrick Ewing and John Starks (who was there also and I got to see him and everything. I almost fainted), and sometimes when one player was doing really well the ball would set on fire and and burn the net and stuff. I'm doing 'NBA Jam' humour now, just sit back and enjoy it. I said enjoy it, dammit.

Also, sub-par rapper Fat Joe was in the crowd. Joy.


Kind regards.

Adam Marshall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home