Here lies a written and chronological record of a trip I will be enjoying/tolerating in the United States of America. I am making my way around this vast country via various methods of transport with the sole aim of making fun for myself. My departure from this English realm is due on the 12th day of January. April 11th is a date on my return ticket. Between those days you may experience feelings that you may have never felt in your lifetime. Extreme joy and inner peace are such reactions.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Don't believe a word this guy says about sharks; he lies. But gee, give the guy a chance when he speaks about Mongeese; he talks a whole lot of sense

What have I been up to over the last couple of days or so? Hey, what haven't I been up to more like it. Haha. Brilliant.

Back to the original question that I posed, what have I been up to over the last couple of days or so? Hey, what haven...ok, I'll stop that now. Well, I went to Pearl Harbour yesterday, the place not the film. Bloody Josh Hartnett. So it was pretty nasty and stuff. You get to stand above the U.S.S. Arizona which was sunk during the attack and the 1000+ guys on the boat at the time are still down there. Thoroughly unpleasant.

Today I found yet another thing that I'm rubbish at. Snorkeling. I'll put it on the list with golf, snooker, drawing, singing, playing the guitar, getting girls to play kissy-kiss with me, speaking German, knowing about cars, astrology, mind control, running for Government, and darts. Mind you, I did improve as I persevered. Eventually I was swimming amongst the coral (DON'T TOUCH!!!) and the fishes (DON'T EAT!!!). Also there was a shark there. And then 5 sharks attacked me. And then I killed 8 sharks. And then a shark was dying from natural causes so I saved its life. Then I killed the shark because it attacked me. Then I ate a shark. Here's a picture of me in full snorkel get up. My deepest apologies for subjecting you to it. But look at my right hand, I know all the lingo and everything. A shame the woman who took it was a horrible, bitter old trout-ette. Check it out, I do captions now...

Is that a snorkel in your mouth, or is somebody just pleased to see you?


I saw three mongooses.


This sign amused me some. The concept is one that I like a lot. It's like John Parrot's wet dream come true. I also enjoy the succinctness of the Japanese(?) translation, as if it is the most natural combination of activities. It makes you wonder whether they have a translation for 'cauliflower and brain surgery' or 'spines and brillo pads', doesn't it? Doesn't it?


Kind regards.


Adam Marshall

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess you went to the the billiards!

7:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ive never seen someone in a nice hot country look so white! is that the first time your body had seen natural sunlight?

12:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seems a waste, you go all that way but take someone elses body! Glad your still having a great time

8:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home