Here lies a written and chronological record of a trip I will be enjoying/tolerating in the United States of America. I am making my way around this vast country via various methods of transport with the sole aim of making fun for myself. My departure from this English realm is due on the 12th day of January. April 11th is a date on my return ticket. Between those days you may experience feelings that you may have never felt in your lifetime. Extreme joy and inner peace are such reactions.

Friday, March 10, 2006

"I got astigmatism..."

This man's name is Eddie Deezen.



If you're wondering where you've seen him before then let me tell you where it may have been. If you're not wondering where you've seen him before, or have never yet seen him, then please, still allow me to tell you. He most famously played the legendary character of Eugene Felnic in the film Grease, and then again in Grease 2.

And what a thoroughly bloody nice bloke he is. He told me about the good old days filming Grease. He enthused about his love for the Beatles, Elvis and the Rolling Stones (but especially the Beatles, about whom he's read hundreds of books and runs a quiz which can be found at www.eddiedeezen.com). He was delighted to indulge the fact that both Tom Hanks and Paul Mccartney have done Eddie Deezen impressions in the past, something that they have in common with my older brother Ross.

And then at the end of it all, he forced me to buy him brunch. I'm joking of course. It was a massive privilege to offer and then indeed buy Eddie his meal, something that I now have in common with Steven Spielberg. The time I spent with Eddie was just great. Also I forgot to ask if he had any nicknames. I have since come up with a couple. They are: 'Steady' Eddie Deezen, and Eddie 'the Reason' Deezen. I like the latter. It brings a sense of ambiguity with it. If you read this Eddie, tell me what you think.

This man's name is not Eddie Deezen.


It is actually Juan J. Dominguez. He advertises with his flyers all over the public buses. Looking like a cross between Ben Savage from 'Boy Meets World' (with a moustache) and Dustin Diamond who played Screech in 'Saved by the Bell' (with a moustache) he is certainly the guy I would trust to complete a successful negligence claim for me.

This man's name is also not Eddie Deezen.


It is Sir Patrick Moore. I was on a bus the other day, and I heard that he died. Upon attempting to ensure the truth in this matter however, I found no confirmation on tinternet. Odd. I would very much appreciate it if somebody could tell me the living status of that astronoming, xylophone playing, monocle wearing gamesmaster. Is he no longer with us? Is it game over at last? If the photo is anything to go by, I guess not.

Kind regards.

Adam Marshall


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At long last, the much awaited interveiw with Eugene. Brill. Did you buy him those googly-eye glasses in the end??? X J

8:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww the black hole that is America....when i was over there for a while back in 05 i didn't hear about the tsunami for about a month afterwards....anyway, patrick moore is not dead ....unless he's died whilst i'm writing this or something.

Good interviews Marsh, but i was very distressed that you'd not snapped a picture of 'that guy with the deep voice who does the movie trailers', i want to see what 'the voice' looks like.

Glad your having a good time pal, i keep showing your blog off to my friends and family....they laugh....at you.

Fuck you divvy!!

Si

12:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One word....Absolutely bloody Brilliant!!

6:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home