Here lies a written and chronological record of a trip I will be enjoying/tolerating in the United States of America. I am making my way around this vast country via various methods of transport with the sole aim of making fun for myself. My departure from this English realm is due on the 12th day of January. April 11th is a date on my return ticket. Between those days you may experience feelings that you may have never felt in your lifetime. Extreme joy and inner peace are such reactions.

Monday, March 06, 2006

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Really?

So, apparantly, out of all of the films that were made last year; out of the hundreds and hundreds of possible candidates; of all the comedies, sci-fi adventures, murder mysteries, documentaries, thrillers, horrors, dramas and animations that were produced in 2005; Crash was the very best film out of the lot. Absolutely ridiculous. And that's all I want to say about that.

Moving on to better news. Did anybody get to see the Oscars 'telecast'? What an excellent show. I thoroughly enjoyed it until the last 5 minutes or so. I thought Jon Stewart was tremendous. The montages of old films that they showed were excellent. The mock party political broadcasts for the candidates (narrated by Stephen Colbert) were superious. Plus Billy Crystal was only on the show for about 15 seconds. It was all good.

More plus points include: my fiancee, Rachel Weisz, picking up a statue; Wallace and Gromit scoring big and then in turn bigging up Bristol (and then tainting the whole thing with a cringe worthy speech: "Cracking cheese Gromit"); Ben Stiller being hillarious; Phillip Seymour Hoffman deservedly winning; and heck it, well done to Clooney and Witherspoon as well. Those two having Oscars gives hope to us all.

Oh yea, in case anybody wanted to test my credentuals as an Oscars buff, I have the ultimate proof, I won the Hollywood U.S.A. Hostels Oscar trivia quiz. Well done me eh? I didn't get a little gold statuette, but they did give me two free drinks at the bar. Hurrah. Here are a selection of the correct answers I gave: Jodie Foster, 12, Robin Williams in Birdcage, she played a member of the opposite sex.

Kind regards.

Adam Marshall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home