Here lies a written and chronological record of a trip I will be enjoying/tolerating in the United States of America. I am making my way around this vast country via various methods of transport with the sole aim of making fun for myself. My departure from this English realm is due on the 12th day of January. April 11th is a date on my return ticket. Between those days you may experience feelings that you may have never felt in your lifetime. Extreme joy and inner peace are such reactions.

Friday, March 24, 2006

That's the Chicago way

I went here the other day...


No, not to Antarctica, and not to see the Oscar winning feature length documentary 'March of the Penguins'. This is on the inside part of Chicago's Field Museum of Natural History.

There was a mongoose there as well:


At this point, some people may be congratulating their own memory for linking this photo to one of my posts the other day when I was back in Hawaii. At this point as well however, some people may be congratulating themselves for directing their mouse to the top right hand corner of their internet browser and clicking on the 'X'. Either way, good job.

Also, this guy turned up.


Anyway, it turns out that the museum was pretty dull, almost as dull as this blog in fact. I could have looked at taxidermed up animals for free in Bristol if I had wanted to, and I didn't want to, so you figure it out. Actually, it turned out that Chicago as a whole was a touch on the bland side. It looked like a good place to live, but not so good to visit as a tourist. Also there was a part of town called North Halstead which was the most overtly gay area I've seen since Castro in San Francisco, 24 Hamilton Road in Bristol, and the mouths of Simon Hill and J20 Jonny Down in Derby.

I've left Chicago now which makes the title of this post a little redundant. I just really wanted to use the quote. If anybody can tell me from which film it is from, and which actor said it (during an Oscar winning turn) then I would love to hear from you. And by the way it isn't 'Chicago', and it isn't 'That's The Way' which isn't even a film, so I bet you feel pretty stupid don't you. I went to Memphis briefly to see where the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jnr. was assassinated. Pretty nasty really. Now I'm back in Nashville with my bro, and if anybody remembers how bad my blog got when I was here last time, I'd advise those people to steer clear of this thing for a few days.

By the way, about the picture of the pelican; I haven't read any nose jokes on this blog from anybody yet. I'm giving everybody ample chance to get them out of their system now. I'll give you one to help start you off: 'Hey Marsh, that picture of the duck with the big beak, is that like, a picture of you looking in to a mirror, or something. (Guffaw)'.

Kind regards.

Adam Marshall

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

untouchables,

hey marsh.....you've got a huge nose

4:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember when this blog was entertaining

5:09 PM

 
Blogger The Midnight Devil said...

Jeepers. You can remember that? Maybe you should point that time out to the rest of us so we can all be entertained.

8:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay mistah docomentalist I agree that the titular quote (did you like that) is from 'the untouchables' but are you gonna tell us who said it? I think it was Sean Connery in a Scottish/Irish/American accent.

8:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woah america looks great. Maybe you'll take a trip morgue next time it might be slightly more interesting

8:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope all this 'burning' is in jest coz i genuinly enjoy your blog marsh :)

9:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i havnt bullet pointed a damn thing in my life and i aint about to start now...

9:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home